X Nations - View Single Post - Vidvicious
Thread: Vidvicious
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 11:10 AM   #8
TheLegacy
TheLegacy is Bi - Sexy

xBucks: 48,675
Send a message via ICQ to TheLegacy Send a message via AIM to TheLegacy Send a message via Skype™ to TheLegacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsmith View Post
Something this board might want to take under consideration though is...

sometimes, just sometimes.... certain contraversial things are worth talking about rather than suppressing it and letting it fester. Not every drama or potential conflict... but some.

I've found that avoiding and not talking about certain things isn't often a good thing. But it's a very wise board admin who knows the difference between what is worth discussing and what isn't I suppose. Free speech is nice in theory but few boards actually hit close to it, and when they do they often go the way of a freeforall like GFY can be at times.

Pseudo-drama over.
I do understand your logic CD if it wasn't the idea that for over 30 boards out there we were the only ones that you can read about controversial issues - but the ratio is about 30 to 2 or so now. Talking to those webmasters here they are simply tired of the other boards... so its not that we are avoiding it, but we are providing a place where people can re-charge their batteries after they get tired of hearing all that crap on the other boards. Besides, do you really need to hear the same story every time you visit all the boards?

(PS: Notice I am working on capitals LOL)

"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something." - Plato
TheLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote