X Nations - View Single Post - About Michael Vick
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #13
Evil Chris
Evil Chris is drinking Heineken
Clone of myself

xBucks: 313,573
Send a message via ICQ to Evil Chris Send a message via AIM to Evil Chris Send a message via Skype™ to Evil Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Freedom is the right he's lost. With that obviously, the ability to play pro football. Once he's free again, assuming he's young enough and still has talent, he'll play again.
What freedom has he lost? He's not in jail (yet). With the track record for athletes and the law, unfortunately he'll not do any time but I doubt anyone will take him on in the NFL again, Ron. Would you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
This argument pisses me off so much. I don't see celebs as role models in the least. HOW can they be role models when the ideal role model for every god damn citizen is different? Is that fair to them? They smoke, they got married too young, they got pregnant out of wedlock, they got drunk, they don't go to church and on and on and on. There is NO possible way to make everyone out there happy which is why it's the parents job to instill values.

Of course you can't shelter your kid and you shouldn't. Like you said, as a PARENT, your job is to make sure they understand that the person they look up to is fallable just like you and I. You moreso of course. The kid's that ARE going to emulate those actions are the one's that haven't been given that guidance...from their parents.
You're stressing the obvious. Of course good parenting makes all the difference but this goes without saying. Fact remains that athletes and celebs become role models as a matter of coruse due to all their media exposure (TV, movies, product lines, endorsements, etc.). There is no getting around it. They are role models whether they like it or not, and they need to like it or at least get their minds around it because they are getting paid to be what they are.

If you have a problem with your parenting skills, there is help out there Ron.

Our Experience Payze
chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827
Evil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote