X Nations - View Single Post - Congratulations VID VICIOUS!! Male personality of the year 2007!
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #26
MediaGuy
MediaGuy is looking to get webmasters nekkid for his calendar.

xBucks: 12,450
Send a message via ICQ to MediaGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhetorical View Post
No one has an opinion on this? It is a serious question. I was wondering if this show is good for business or does it just kind of tick over for local people and the odd celebrity guest?
Qwebec Expo is really great for business and contacts you wouldn't make in Florida or Vegas or Phoenix - despite the many people who show up there.

There's a huge Canadian contingent at these shows, and some of the biggest companies you'd be surprised to learn are Canucks.

Then again, I very often end up at a random table around the pool in Florida only to find that I'm three-quarters surrounded by Canadians...

We are everywhere mouhahahahaha...

This show does make the ripples you speak of - it's covered in the major industry mags, attracts more than the "odd celebrity" and the deals made there become subsequently known in the business.

It can actually be better business than, say, a huge-ass show because over the weekend you get to meet and re-meet people and really pound out the details on how a deal can benefit all parties
MediaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote