X Nations - View Single Post - Two years after US soldier's death, widow has his son
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 11:39 PM   #5
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 31,929
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

I don't agree. She doesn't need to bring a child into this world to remind her of her dead husband. The child is a human being, not an object. No matter how much a wife, family, and friends miss their deceased love one, this child will never be able to bring him back or replace him. This child is a unique individual. He is not his father, nor will he ever be.

It is one thing if the woman was pregnant when he left or became pregnant with his child while on leave, but I think it is wrong to be impregnated with her husbands frozen sperm after his death. Unfortunately, he died before they were able to have children. So be it. Live with it and move on.

I'm curious to know if she chose the gender of her child and asked for a boy? Suppose she couldn't and this child was born a girl? Suppose this boy didn't look anything like his father and took after the mothers side of the family? Would she be disappointed or regret the decision?
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote