Old 12-18-2007, 12:58 AM   #4
painful
painful should edit this
Ecstasy

xBucks: 7,362
Send a message via Yahoo to painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panky View Post
For starters, your website loads slow and I'm on a high speed connection.

What type of free site were you thinking of creating? Why not just offer a few free pics, a couple of teaser trailers and keep it a paysite?

Have you considered plugging your site into an AVS system and then marketing the site just like you would a regular paysite?

What type of content does the site feature? (Exclusive, non-exclusive, semi-exclusive, your own custom content? )
Right now it's non-exclusive. As far as loading, I don't know why it loads slow, it is set up on a .PHP server, so maybe their server is just overloaded with crap. I am starting to think I should find new avenues for the site, maybe a new host, but I don't know how to switch. My site was built by Adult Design out of Australia, but I am thinking of just dumping them and setting up my own server connected directly through my provider, Cox Communications. I have an IT guy that's pretty smart about that, I'm not.

My background is art mainly, so I have been kicking around the idea of creating a whole new site, but I am not sure about a new niche, or just really go crazy with my current one.

What does it mean to "plug in" to an AVS site? Remember, I am not up to date on this stuff, but I need a new race bike, so I need more money.

I am willing to do anything, so to speak, to get some customers. My membership fees aren't much, so I am not sure what it could be.

How much content is "enough" content on a site as well? Do you have 50 galleries and a bunch of video, or streaming shit, or more than that? I have removed a lot of my content lately, I didn't think it fit what I was trying to do, so I am interested in other things. I am gonna go out and get an HD video camera and start filming wierd fetish shit, but that probably won't happen till at least March.

I just don't know where to go. I have decided to leave it as a paysite, so that part is figured out already. I mostly need to figure out how to switch my site to a new server that I can control and still keep my functionality. Any suggestions on hosting?

www.dominateyou.com
painful is offline   Reply With Quote