X Nations - View Single Post - Legal vs. Morals = The Britney Sisters Case
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 10:15 AM   #6
TheLegacy
TheLegacy is Bi - Sexy

xBucks: 47,826
Send a message via ICQ to TheLegacy Send a message via AIM to TheLegacy Send a message via Skype™ to TheLegacy

As said, there are many who will blame the mom - but honestly - my wife left home at 16 and today she is happier than anything with an extremely supportive mother.

If the mother broke the law, then child services and the courts would be after her - but they didn't. We didn't overhear what was said, and most mom's know that forcing a child is not going to make them do anything. There comes a time when you need to decide - either I banish the child from my home and life in hopes that the threat will stop my child from being stupid - OR - being a parent means that you know they will do stupid things, but you need to stand beside them and love them no matter what.

I know some great pastors or families who's parenting skills could never be challenged and yet kids have a mind of their own and will go against society and authority no matter who brought them up.

What is sad now is that the media/TV etc. are planning on creating a show around her to capitalize on the drama. can some good come from it? Depends on wether Oprah and Dr Phil are the key note speakers

"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something." - Plato
TheLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote