X Nations - View Single Post - clemons innocent?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
Ronaldo
Ronaldo is only editing this because Chris is a jackass
Xnations Voice of Reason

xBucks: 11,653
Send a message via ICQ to Ronaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
Why the FUCK are they having hearings about baseball while the US had eight school shootings in one week?

It's gotten so common that they don't even comment about them on the news now.....
Eight? I hadn't heard about eight. That's fucked up, but not really surprising.

10-03-2006, 12:06 PM from another board
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo View Post
Sad to say, but I see this as natural progression. Ever since CNN turned the Columbine killers (Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold) into celebrities and with the explosion of reality TV, people WANT to be famous, and WANT to be on TV. How they GET famous and on TV doesn't really seem to matter.

Imagine how many people are sitting around RIGHT NOW, thinking, "It'll be my turn soon." They're watching all the press these people get, albeit posthumously, and if they're thinking of killing themself anyways, why not get themself some notoriety at the same time? Noone would remember them otherwise. But we'll remember them now.

I named the two Columbine killers above. Can ANYONE name TWO of the VICTIMS?? If noone cheats and uses google, that should prove my point. If the news channels stopped making celebrities of the killers and instead focused on the VICTIMS, there may be fewer of these over time.

I fully expect to see MANY more of these kinds of attacks in the future. I REALLY hope I'm wrong. :2 cents:
Sadly I WASN'T wrong.
Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote