X Nations - View Single Post - clemons innocent?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #16
Ronaldo
Ronaldo is only editing this because Chris is a jackass
Xnations Voice of Reason

xBucks: 11,648
Send a message via ICQ to Ronaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Chris View Post
Ron, I still want to know something.
Do you believe that Clemons is innocent? Or are you just trying to drive home your point of the media influence? What's your real feeling on all this?
Based on what I'VE SEEN IN THE MEDIA, I'd be leaning towards guilty. But I couldn't say decisively either way because neither I, nor anyone here know ALL the evidence. So anyone screaming from the top of a mountain that the guy is definitely guilty is out of line. Where are they getting the information to convict the guy? A court of law? Transcripts of ALL the hearings? No. From the media. Does anyone here know what happened behind closed doors and what was said that made so many panel members side WITH Clemens? No, we don't.

But it's not even JUST about the media influence. It's about how people predetermine guilt without all the facts, albeit BASED ONLY on what they see in media.

Understand?

If someone here was arrested at their home and led away in handcuffs in front of their neighbors, who saw the coverage on the news that night...would THEY appreciate being presumed guilty by their neighbors? I'm guessing not.
Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote