X Nations - View Single Post - Hockey news: Sundin on the move?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #12
Evil Chris
Evil Chris is drinking Heineken
Clone of myself

xBucks: 313,592
Send a message via ICQ to Evil Chris Send a message via AIM to Evil Chris Send a message via Skype™ to Evil Chris

The more I think about it, the more I know it's the right decision. By staying put, Mats has secured his place as one of the most hallowed players in the history of the team. Say what you want about his leadership, many say he lacks it but I disagree. Mats never had the luxury of an elite winger at his side, but he still put up many many 70+ point seasons, and led the Leafs far into the playoffs on many occasions, all the while management of the Leafs patching together the team for a quick fix to win the cup. There are plenty of top level players who never won a Stanley Cup.

I was shocked when Ray Bourque left Boston, and I'm sure that many Bruins fans will never quite understand why he left to go to a contending team. I'm sure Sundin has considered all the options and the bottom line seems to be that he is as much a fan of Toronto as Toronto is of him. I take my hat off to him.

Our Experience Payze
chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827
Evil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote