X Nations - View Single Post - I bought a house Wednesday...
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 01:20 AM   #14
rhetorical
rhetorical is cantankerous

xBucks: 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgule3 View Post
Not a lot of people doing what... Buy a house? Here, yes. Especially in the area where I live. Right now, we are the place in Canada where houses are still the most affordable but not for long. The market is going to catch up soon, so NOW is the time to buy if you want one and don't already.

I'm having a bit of trouble selling my house for $215 000 and it's a huge house, garage, carport, shed, 40, 000sqft backyard... Wood floors, etc... In Montreal, you can add at least $100 000 for the comparables and everywhere else (Toronto, Vancouver, etc...), it would go for $400 000 to $500 000...

In Vancouver, you have a shithole for $200, 000. Literally... A friend's house, which was an hour outside of Vancouver was brand new but about the same size as mine but no basement and a mini backyard (my deck is bigger I think than her yard was) and she sold the house for 400, 000$...

I'm buying at the best time I think...

Sophie.
I live on the beach in Vancouver and I went to an open house last week. A detached house that reeked of oil, beat up really badly (it had been some kind of frat house) on an irregular lot of a decent size. Certainly a tear down. It was 1.2 million dollars. Kinda sucks if you are starting out in Vancouver. Best you can do is a 500 sq ft studio/den kinda thing for about 400 K. Its pretty bad....or good depending on what rung of the ladder you are on. Oh and sorry I overlooked saying congratulations.

Last edited by rhetorical; 04-17-2008 at 01:21 AM. Reason: change
rhetorical is offline   Reply With Quote