X Nations - View Single Post - I bought a house Wednesday...
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 10:46 AM   #16
Evil Chris
Evil Chris is drinking Heineken
Clone of myself

xBucks: 313,034
Send a message via ICQ to Evil Chris Send a message via AIM to Evil Chris Send a message via Skype™ to Evil Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhetorical View Post
I live on the beach in Vancouver and I went to an open house last week. A detached house that reeked of oil, beat up really badly (it had been some kind of frat house) on an irregular lot of a decent size. Certainly a tear down. It was 1.2 million dollars. Kinda sucks if you are starting out in Vancouver. Best you can do is a 500 sq ft studio/den kinda thing for about 400 K. Its pretty bad....or good depending on what rung of the ladder you are on. Oh and sorry I overlooked saying congratulations.
For some reason, people like it in Vancouver. I'll admit it's a nice place to visit but would I live there? No way.

I just got back from spending a week there and it was cold and raining the entire week. Pretty much the status quo year-round in Vancouver. Couple the shitty weather with an over-inflated real estate market, and you've got a location where it's hard to understand what the attraction is. The mountains?

Our Experience Payze
chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827
Evil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote