X Nations - View Single Post - Rogers is getting the Iphone later this year...
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 02:24 AM   #13
2MuchMark
2MuchMark is hiring
Video Chat Guru

xBucks: 10,969
Send a message via ICQ to 2MuchMark Send a message via MSN to 2MuchMark Send a message via Skype™ to 2MuchMark

I had a PDA from a company called ITC (I think), on the TELUS Network. The unit itself was ok, but the killer was the data charges.

Telus was the cheapest (and fastest it seemed) in wireless data, but I easily ran up $500 bills using it.

I forget the prices now, but whatever it was, you got maybe 5MB free. The rest was charged at a premium. Fuck.

In the US you can get unlmited data for a fixed monthly rate (about $70.00). I WISH They had that in Canada.

I am guessing that Apple will push Rogers to lower their data rates. With rates this high, no one will want to purchase iTunes content from Apple.

The iPhone looks cool - how is it for texting? I text alot even on my Motorola Krazr. Texting was much easier on the ITC with its qwety keyboard, but am guessing that texting on the Iphone's touch-sensitive screen is a headache. Is it?

Anyway, I will probably buy one anyway, just because they look great. Hopefully though by the time Rogers offers them, there will be a newer version that's flatter, better, faster, with longer battery life.

m
2MuchMark is offline   Reply With Quote