Old 05-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
Brad Mitchell
Brad Mitchell should edit this
Integrity and Innovation

xBucks: 3,519
Send a message via ICQ to Brad Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Chris View Post
I can see how a sponsor can play dumb on this issue which is what I suspect will happen.

What shocks me is how the host can just dismiss the theft issue as not being applicable in their country.
I have actually met with Lease Web before. Believe it or not that is the actual "provider behind the provider" for pretty much all of the adult hosts that have a European setup as they have several datacenters and a fiber ring. I have been evaluating purchasing euro infrastructure for hosting from them but upon discovery of everything they host directly or through resellers we have put that project on hold.

I won't dig on the competition but pretty much everyone that braggs about having european adult hosting is simply reselling LeaseWeb's hardware, network, ip space, and remote hands and simply layering their techs on top of it.

You are correct on their stance. They're absolutely motivated as they host many of the largest tube (and other) sites on the web. I'm at a loss as to how to advise everyone except to say that if we all "voted" with our dollars and were against this type of activity everyone would make sure they weren't spending hosting dollars that went into their pocket.

Brad
Toll Free 888-345-MOJO x801 | ICQ #56950199
Brad Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote