X Nations - View Single Post - Cybernet Expo Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 03:52 AM   #19
Rochard
Rochard should edit this
Funbrunette's BITCH!!!

xBucks: 44,130
Send a message via ICQ to Rochard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MuchMark View Post
Hi Connor -

Perhaps your right. Any show can be a good show I guess, but last year's was a disapointment to me because while I met existing clients, I walked out with no new ones. The highlights of the trip turned out not to be the show at all, but instead the Space Shuttle launch that was stunning to see in person, bar-hopping in Tampa (I forget the exact name of the area but it was cool) and an unplanned bonus night spent hot tubbing.

One thing I've learned about attending the shows is that it helps to contact the people you want to meet with in advance. Make a date for a meeting, dinner, pool-side chat, drink, whatever - this way you will get greater value out of the show.

m

ps: Claire you are a perv. A sexy, sexy, perv.
Back up.

Are you going to a show, or are you going bar hopping and sight seeing?

I'm getting tired of shows becoming mini vacations for those who can't afford to take a vacation. Granted - seeing one of the Space Shuttles launch in person is a life time event, but the shows for most have become more about parties and less about work. Maybe this is why I've stopped drinking at shows. (I've never done drugs in the industry.)

You get out of a show what you put into it.
Rochard is offline   Reply With Quote