Thread: Hey everyone
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #6
painful
painful should edit this
Ecstasy

xBucks: 7,312
Send a message via Yahoo to painful

That's exactly what I wanted to know. I guess the reason they are so grainy is because I had to shrink the file size so it didn't overload the bandwidth, something that happens instantly when I get a submission on the Hun. I guess making the thumbs smaller and higher quality would work just as well.

What do you mean by "upload to my own server"? I saved it to my computer and uploaded it to the server using FTP. Is that not what I should've done? My main issue is the bandwidth. I am trying to set up a server from my home, but it will probably be wayyyy too slow, but the network guy from work is helping me out, so it's all free basically. That would make things a lot easier for me. I don't pay for excessive bandwidth use (at least thats what the cable company says anyway).

Please, keep the critiques coming. If you have a good source of info on how to build a proper picure post, please let me know as well.

Thanks,
Brett

www.dominateyou.com
painful is offline   Reply With Quote