X Nations - View Single Post - Hey everyone
Thread: Hey everyone
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 02:15 AM   #10
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 31,831
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

Quote:
Originally Posted by painful View Post
That's exactly what I wanted to know. I guess the reason they are so grainy is because I had to shrink the file size so it didn't overload the bandwidth, something that happens instantly when I get a submission on the Hun. I guess making the thumbs smaller and higher quality would work just as well.
Manually crop your thumbs and adjust the quality in Photoshop. Your full size images will never make it through the majority of scripts out there. They need to be at least 43kb to pass through the scripts.

Another thing to consider, is that by using larger thumbs, the majority of surfers will not click on every single thumb on the gallery. They can easily scan it to see what interests them the most and click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by painful
What do you mean by "upload to my own server"? I saved it to my computer and uploaded it to the server using FTP. Is that not what I should've done?
That's what you are supposed to do, but when you look at your source code it looks like you are hotlinking TheHuns recip.
HTML Code:
img src="http://www.thehun.net/webmaster/graphics/hunmovielarge.gif" width="197" height="94"
It should be something like this:
HTML Code:
img src="http://www.painfulecstasy.com/recips/hun.gif"
Recips go at the very top of your gallery. Do not add a banner, button, or text link above the recips. If you have a button, banner, or text link at the top of your gallery before the content, it needs to be placed under the recips. Never place recips at the bottom of your gallery.

You are allowed 3 links out to your sponsor.

Avoid blinking text links or banners. Some sites will decline you for blinking links.

Don't use all caps on your text. It is harder to read and appears that you are shouting at your surfers.

You want to clearly state where your links lead to when clicked. Some reviewers are anal about blind links. By stating where the link leads to when clicked, you avoid the blind link issue.
Quote:
ONLY $5 FOR A 5 DAY TRIAL

$35 FOR 6 MONTHS WITH DAILY UPDATES!!!
Can be mistaken for a blind link even though the text above it has the site name. It's not clear where they are buying the trial from. By adding the site name, there's no question. (Sounds picky, but some reviewers are anal.)

Say something like: "Cum get your 5 day trial at Painful Ecstasy for only $5.00!"

Leave out the $35.00 for 6 months. It makes your site appear cheap. People are going to wonder why many sites charge $19.95 - $29.95 for 1 month and you are charging only $35.00 for 6 months of access.

Personally, I wouldn't link the text that you currently have linked, but instead link, "COME SEE MORE", followed by the rest of the text.

Panky is offline   Reply With Quote