X Nations - View Single Post - Newbie here.. just made my first blog, would like some advise..
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #15
Cukitas
Cukitas should edit this
Citizen X

xBucks: 578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
All of us were new and green at one point. It's how you take the suggestions and more importantly, what you do you with them the determines how much money you'll make in this industry. For me, I had gotten away from designing websites and over the past five or six years how you make web pages has changed... I'm trying to get back into it.

1. this is my first blog so I just used blogger until I master wordpress..

That's a good idea really.

2. what the hell is philopino?? Yes I know the banner is not properly done.. any ideas?? I want to keep the rooster though...
When your ready, hire a design. Find a good looking rooster (if there is such a thing) and pass it onto a designer that can design you a good blog. It's cheap enough, anywhere from $100 to $300. In the case of the blog I posted earlier, I just handed him my bunny girl cartoon.

3. the pictures are video screenshots and if you click on them they get bigger...
This makes no sense to me. It seems like your putting up a thumbnail that links to a larger thumbnail of screenshots. Give them a picture or two already.

5. What you mean directed to other crap? maybe the full page ads from blacklabel ads? I have nothing else added.. i.e cash links.. etc..
I don't remember what it was but I would click on a thumbnail and when I went back to the main page I got something else like a web cam site.

6. Links to rar files? of course.. they're zipped movies..
So you put large thumbnails of screenshots, but then hand them an entire movie? Do people really download rar files from random sites? Sounds dangerous to me.

Good luck man!

Thanks a lot for all your tips Rochard. so basically if I upload my videos to an upload site like xvideos.. slutdrive, and reupload them to my page is fine? people download the files without a problem .. the reason I use winrar for my files is to be able to add a notepad with my blog url.. I post on forums too.. that's what I use to drive traffic to my site..
Cukitas is offline   Reply With Quote