X Nations - View Single Post - I enrolled in a summer slimdown contest.
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
student4ever
student4ever is Trying to not let life get in the way of life

xBucks: 3,292

CONGRATS! That's a heck of a deal!

One of the main things to remember is that muscle weighs more than fat. Depending on where you are starting from, you may find that you don't actually lose that much weight as you end up replacing the fat weight with muscle weight.

The basic rule that I've heard over the years is that about 2 pounds of weight loss per week is a 'healthy' rate. Often when you hear about people losing a lot in the first week or three, it's water weight and the quick easy fat that goes. After that point, it takes longer to take it off.

The only key I ever found is just keep at it and what ever you do... DON'T beat yourself up if you get side tracked for a day or two or whatever. Just make sure you get back to it. You have to make it part of your life style. Took me a couple years of trying to focus on it as a life style choice. After some point though, I got to the point where my body craved the activity and exercise. If I go without it for too long, I get a little stir crazy...

Hang with people who understand the desire to do it and won't give you a hard time about it. They are generally just pissed that they aren't doing it. lol

Again CONGRATS!!! I hope you win!!

student4ever is offline   Reply With Quote