X Nations - View Single Post - Are webmaster boards dying out?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #8
Rochard
Rochard should edit this
Funbrunette's BITCH!!!

xBucks: 44,013
Send a message via ICQ to Rochard

Webmaster boards have died; Our industry has changed.

The truth is the economy has changed our business. Traffic is down, ratios are up; People are unable or unwilling to spend money on a paysite when they are concerned about making their next house payment or car payment. Affiliates are no longer making money like they were in 2005 or 2006, and have deserted the industry and gone out and got real paying jobs with guaranteed income.

Affiliates traditionally have been about half of our industry. So nearly half of our traffic based is dropping like flies, and in the mean time the general state of the economy has further reduced our sales. The two combined have reduced sales by roughly 70% across the board.

Because of this, programs are making radical changes. Some programs are letting go of their staffs like hot potatoes, and with no affiliate support nothing is getting done. I have messages into a dozen programs asking for help and no one is responding, and if I can't get what I need I can't promote you so you've just shot yourself in the foot. Then a lot of programs are no longer updating with new content; No new content and I can't feed my blog machine and I can't send you traffic. Another shot in the foot for programs.

With more and more affiliates giving up, webmaster boards are dieing.

Fuck you all, I'm moving forward. In the past two months in a row I've seen a sales increase of 10% per month. PinkStar Cash just had it's best day ever last Friday. My blog network, on a month by month, is making about 10% more than it was last month, which was up from the month prior. While everyone else has been bitching I've been building, and when this comes back I'll be able to retire. Granted, it will never be like it was four years ago, but there is still good morning to be made.

And I'll still be posting. And still posting here on XN.
Rochard is offline   Reply With Quote