X Nations - View Single Post - Stomp your way to a happy hump day ! (pic)
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #22
rhetorical
rhetorical is cantankerous

xBucks: 290

Quote:
1. A person who creates art.
That is the point. As to the rest of it, its creative. Its a type of fetish. But it ain't art. Perhaps you may have somewhere created art in your past, but this little snapshot ain't it.
As for those degrees, they don't create artists. Hell I have worked for the best there is in television, and have all that shit, but I would never consider myself an artist. As for wiktionary definitions, they are whatever the fuck you want them to be.
If you think you have the talent of Helmut Newton, that would be your opinion. And perhaps you do. But not in that picture that you present as art. Its pretty obvious to me.
The "what is art" debate is older than the traffic vs content debate. My brother in law loves black velvet nudes and he thinks they are art.

Art should surprise, delight, and/or reveal something beyond the image portrayed. Visceral reactions don't qualify. Any goof with a camera can do that.

No offense to you or the pictures you take to make a living. Anyone who can actually make a living taking pictures is very lucky. My focus is on this picture.
rhetorical is offline   Reply With Quote