X Nations - View Single Post - How can you fall asleep?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2003, 10:21 PM   #9
Pidgin
Pidgin should edit this

Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy
xBucks: 13,402

On my belly, no pillow, both hands under body (stops the blood after a while - I know), head left (or sometimes right)

I AM FOR SURE the person to ask about sleeping
I can sleep in any situation in any place
I usually get into sleeping mood when lying down
If I need to force myself to sleep (like before big events when I get andrenalin rush and am too excited to go to sleep) I either:
* Put on music (mp3 list) starting from very loud to very quiet (Just an example: starting with Muse-NewBorn or Live-Freak or Dishwalla:Explode/counting-blue-cars ending with Sinead o'conor:Scorn/Streets-of-London or dire-straights:Latest-Trick etc..)
* Counting sheeps - really! - I mean imagining them jumping over a fence but picturing ALL possible details - like the shape of each sheep, its color, angle of jumping and landing etc.. I usually fall asleep at 326 sheeps
* Imagining me doing pushups on a flat huge surface - picturing the floor coming towards me and getting back.. Makes me tired after the 23rd push

The thing is - you should clear your mind of the things that make you want to stay awake.

And as Garbage says - the trick is to keep breathing
Pidgin is offline   Reply With Quote