X Nations - View Single Post - Seminar topics...
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 06:49 PM   #30
PrincessX
PrincessX should edit this
RealBigDrunk

xBucks: 547
Send a message via ICQ to PrincessX Send a message via AIM to PrincessX

For first-timers or expo-newbies, a seminar on how to network, set goals, accomplish those goals, work the expo, etc. would be nice.

As I realize one of the main reasons that speakers are "speaking" is to promote their programs, you could do something different that the usual traffic generation talks by informing your new webmasters on how to work the expo floors and parties to make the good contacts that will make them more efficient in promoting your affiliate programs... in other words, empower them to walk up to someone working a hosting booth and strike up a conversation whereby they might end up cutting a deal for better hosting (whether it be a lower cost or better bandwidth) or to meet someone who runs a tgp or resource site and discuss any type of trade they could do... anything to get the new expo attendees to feel like they have an action plan (of course, it could be an action plan that ultimately helps them promote your program).

Also, a seminar along those lines can appeal to people in the industry who do not derive the majority of their income by promoting affiliate programs... such as designers, content/product providers, etc.

Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say I'd like to see something that doesn't just directly target affiliate programs and/or newbies

Hope this made sense... vodka is taking over...

Later!

PrincessX
PrincessX is offline   Reply With Quote