X Nations - View Single Post - War is coming.. Farewell friends..
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 05:18 AM   #25
Pidgin
Pidgin should edit this

Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy
xBucks: 13,302

Quote:
Originally posted by Easton
LOL @ Darin
be safe Ron! why not go on holiday for a while to play it safe?
About all the suggestions I flee the scene... I'll try to seriously explain why I would not.
Doing that is basically escaping reality, and as a realistic person I think it’s useless. I understand there is some danger in living in a place that is in the (or on the edges of the) center of war (for a very long time now) BUT realizing this is just a symptom of the real war that is comprehensive and has no boundaries makes running away futile in the first place. (Understand that I think/believe most of you will awaken one day to the reality many people in Israel already see for quite some time).
It may sound too heavy for a message board BUT… understand that I am living in a place that is both a product of a war (WW2 and the holocaust) AND a country that has been in constant war from the day it was created. I personally has been evident for 4 (you can say 5) wars (and basically living in a constant state of war with the Arab neighbor states and the Palestinian entity).
More so, the people of that land (most) realized after WW2 that there is no place for them but their own. It may sound strange for people whose identity has been somewhat unshaken for 500 years and moving from Canada to the US or between different European countries seems casual.
Don’t understand me wrong, I would love to take a break, travel or even more to Canada, US or Australia, at least for a while, but there is something that will always link me to Israel beside the fact I was born there. There is something that will always pull me back there. Concepts like wanting to raise your children in Israel no matter where you live or coming back to Israel when there is a war are so natural, it may sound crazy to you (especially the last one). When some people find it easy to pack their bags for a while until the turmoil is over, especially since there is nothing they can do about things (and I understand and accept that), you will find a lot of people coming back to Israel especially in these times. Crazy you say? I agree
Understand that moving out to another country; leaving your family so far behind without really knowing how they are is very hard.
I was invited by my brother who lives in Belgium to come over with the family until “things calm down” and even though Novette’s invitation is more attractive – I have declined both.
As to the danger – statistically it’s very low. I personally believe I will live forever so its even smaller I have been to much more dangerous situations, many of those on recreational occasions (as many Israelis after they leave the army – kinda suicidal tendency period )
(Darin – as to the XXXManager.com – its future is secured with people who will pick it up once I am dead by some Iraqi or Palestinian rocket, so you can stop worrying )

So I believe I will be ok and I would love to meet you all on other occasions or once I am worn out of that shit and gotta have a break, but for the time being I stand my ground.

(wow that was long)

BTW – hos is Vancouver to live in?
Pidgin is offline   Reply With Quote