X Nations - View Single Post - Embarrassed to be a Canadian
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2003, 12:09 AM   #56
Pidgin
Pidgin should edit this

Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy
xBucks: 13,278

Quote:
Originally posted by StuartD
ok... look... any way you want to slice the cake here.... Bush went and did his own thing. Without approval... he decided to do his own thing.... plain and simple.
People... you judge him whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.
I say a democracy is a good thing... people vote on a situation and a solution... the majority wins the vote as it is probably the best for all concerned.
... Democracy? His-own-thing? Without approval?

Let me get this right..
* Bush is the president of the US of A?
* He got elected democratically? (not to talk about the bipartisan support he has for his actions with the people of the USA)
* Under this democracy - his obligation is to serve HIS country? (last I checked the russians, french, germans and syrians - and canadians for that matter - did not vote for the presidency of the united states)
* Under that US political system - he approved his actions and budget?
He got it approved with the army, secretery of defense, CIA/FBI/NSA/CNN/KFC/me?
* He is now with many other (more than 40) countries taking an act that little oppose to due to reasons that has to do with non-personal-gain reasons?
* He is acting to execute the 1441 UN resolution which was approved by 100% of the UN security council?

I think you take European media too much for granted.

But let me understand it ever better. IF the UN had voted to go to war - then the war would have been right and just? That means morally right is what the UN votes on?

When (god forbid) someone tries to rape your daughter (you don't have one so its clearly hypotetical) don't wait for a popular vote before blowing his head. The right thing to do is the right thing to do even if not popular or voted upon.

in 1981 Israel bombarded the Iraqi nuclear reactor. It was very unpopular, was not approved by the holy UN and was condemmed by the entire world.
I am not sure I asked - but did you say thank-you Israel already? (cause most of the world aready did ny now) If not - its about time you realize you better be unpopular and alive than prude, popular and dead.

So - are saying that taking down a tyrant and brutal dictator who tried to assasinate a president of the US and continuously tries to develop WMD and has used it in the past and which supports terrorism in more than the financial way and which executes his opponents - this is the WRONG thing to do? Just because some countries are affraid to take an active role in that? (and don't kid yourself into believing that anyone really believes that Inspections or diplomacy really works with Saddam. You are WAY smarter than that - that I know for a fact)
Pidgin is offline   Reply With Quote