View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 10:59 AM   #59
RawAlex
RawAlex should edit this

xBucks: 246
Send a message via AIM to RawAlex Send a message via Yahoo to RawAlex

I just gotta, ya know?

XXXManager:

1) Drinks were what they were. They were not more expensive than other places in the hotel, and there were bar sponsors giving away free drink coupons during the day and such. As a matter of fact, during the opening cocktail party, the sponsor coupons all were used up and by popular demand a cash bar was ADDED - and people used it and sales were brisk. After paying $9 US in Miami for a drink, NOTHHING is expensive!

2) The show fee included networking, three days of seminars, breakout sessions, and access to "badge only" parties and events. Those seminars, far from being the usual talking head crap, actually involved getting some well informed people on different subjects to show HOW THINGS ARE DONE, including shooting and editting videos, dreamweaver, paysite design, and the like. Ynot hosted some pretty intense sessions that later were followed up by breakouts with the different people involved on the panel. Think about it, 3 days, (at even the you didn't book ahead fee of $150) is only $50 a day for seminars and training from good and well informed people. I am looking at a single 3 day "video editting" seminar in the US, and it is $400 plus misc fees.

3) Every attendee had a name tag, and the abilty to put almost anything on it. Some chose to have their names only, some chose to have their company names, some chose to have website names. Some chose to hide their badges in their pockets. Everyone had a badge. I get the impression that the letter writer would have wanted the badges to say something like:

BOB SMITH
SMITH COMPANY
I NEED MODELS
COME TALK TO ME
SO I CAN MAKE YOU MONEY

Besides the fact that nobody wants to wear and 8/12 by 11 piece of paper around their necks, honestly, some people just aren't trying to self promote. Some people just don't go out of their way to announce their business.

In the end, there is a way to complain and a way to make your methods more important than the compaints themselves. Just as importantly, the show staff were always around the show area, and could be contacted at ANY time... all you have to do is ask. A letter handed out off site about the show just show that there was no attempt to resolve issues with show staff.

Alex