X Nations - View Single Post - Experienced Webmasters Only!!! ;-)
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2003, 08:00 PM   #8
wolfie
wolfie should edit this
Adrenaline junkie

xBucks: 20

Dudes,
The biggest mistake anybody can make is to only use 1 biller.

Facts:
# each biller has a different Blacklist and checks cc details againt it
# each biller uses a different alogrithm / fraud script
# each biller scrubs differently
# US & EU based billers take different approach to fraud detection
# now that Paypal is not available, it just strengthens the case for multiple billers
# a surfer who wants to sign up might fail the test at 1 biller, but often get though on another
# we use billers in US / Germany / Switzerland & regularly find that a new sale has been generated after a surfer has been rejected by 1 or other of the other billers

Observations:
# a P2P payment option should be available on a site.
I have used it for over a year now, but have just had my account with paypal frozen. Cost me 1/third of my business & I pull a reasonable 6 figure sum in a year.
Problem is, there is no replacement for paypal, they were far too big for any competition.
The alternatives I've seen are not viable, nobody has heard of then 'cos paypal was so big / scripts are sketchy & unproven / complicated ways to add funds to your account that surfers will not bother with / most of them are based offshore, outside US banking regulations / etc.
# I think that visa's eP will be a great asset when it's problems are finally ironed out.
It is a 'virtual debit card' & can't be used unless it has funds in it / it has the brand recognition od VISA / takes 2 minutes to set up an account online & transfer funds, no more waiting a week to verify banking & cc details / eP can not be chargedback as the PIN # you use 'proves' YOU made the transaction / you can accept payments from the currently 'banned countrys' / it can be used globally & totally anonymously / no worries about the wife finding out where the housekeeping money is going !
We are pushing it as a P2P option but don't expect any plusses before the end of the year.

One our EU billers scrubs frantically for the first week of every month, greatest sales volume throughout the EU & thus the time of greatest fraud. [[ Think of Visionbill & DutchBilling charge back problems last month. No, we don't use them. ]]
Probably trying to stay below the 1.9 visa rule. Sales then immediately jump 400% and remain roughly at that level for the rest of the month. True story.

Anybody else wilth similar experiences ?
wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote