X Nations - View Single Post - Supreme Court Ruled: Canadians Have No Property Rights
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2003, 09:08 AM   #7
Evil Chris
Evil Chris is drinking Heineken
Clone of myself

xBucks: 314,351
Send a message via ICQ to Evil Chris Send a message via AIM to Evil Chris Send a message via Skype™ to Evil Chris

Quote:
Originally posted by Feynman
I bet you always wondered why they kept that wide tract of wooded land along the Somerset axis (along the low voltage hydro line) and why the Jacques Bizard blvd is so wide while it is only allowed to local traffic (in Pierrefonds at least) ? Weird, isn't it ?

There is an urbanism plan that calls for an autoroute passing along the Sommerset/Jacques-Bizard axis and straight across the bridge and ensuing wide boulevard to join the 640, 440 and the 40 on a westward N-S axis.

Rumor is that Charest will get tempted to implement that plan for a variety of reasons.
What variety of reaasons? On my "certificat do localisation" the proposed autoroute 440 extension is right behind my property line. But this is something they have been talking about for 20 years. It will never happen. They won't cut the island in half with a highway extension.

There is just too much other money invested on Ile Bizard. Take for example the three golf courses, two of which are completely private, and the 3rd (St Raphael) just added another 18 holes.

I'm confident that Ile-Biz has more or less stopped with the build-up of more new homes and commercial space here for the time being.

Our Experience Payze
chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827
Evil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote