X Nations - View Single Post - Are there really Secret Societies?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 04:44 PM   #17
Magick
Magick should edit this Edit

xBucks: 0 [Check]

In regards to the symbolism that you were referring to at the bottom of that page, I'd like to point out that not *all* pentagrams/pentacles are "symbols of evil".

While there are many different types of pentagrams and pentacles, there are two basic styles that are widely used and recognized. The following is the Pentacle as used in Wicca:

(A Pentagram is a five pointed star with one point aligned upwards...a Pentacle is the same surrounded by a circle) Most Wiccans interpret the five points as the five elements: earth, air, fire, water, and spirit (or "heart"). Even before Wiccans adopted the symbol as a sign of faith and protection it was used by Christians...with the usual interpretation of the five points of the Pentagram or Pentacle representing the five wounds of Christ.

Now this Pentacle has been very closely associated with Satanism and is also forms the symbol of Baphomet:

HOWEVER...The Order of the Eastern Star is a humanitarian organization made up of christian women who are the wives of Masons. Why they chose to use that particular symbol is beyond me...I guess I need to brush up on my pagan history a bit more

Ok...I'm done boring you now

Last edited by Magick; 10-04-2002 at 05:12 PM.