X Nations - View Single Post - Hungryman, another year and you haven't paid your debt
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 09:48 AM   #8
chodadog
chodadog should edit this
Citizen X

xBucks: 20

Quote:
Originally posted by Feynman
Blah blah blah
I am reminded of a quote i heard a while ago.

"Isn't it dangerous to use one's entire vocabulary in a single sentence?"

Seriously. Given your vocabulary, i think it would be safe to assume that you're a fairly intelligent guy, but frankly, you don't know the history of the situation, and you're spouting a bunch of ignorant nonsense.

I can't speak on behalf of Teen Angel, but i do know that the other designer, who is a friend of mine, does not need the 1 thousand dollars that Hungryman owes him. He's done quite well for himself since then, and the entertainment value is worth much more than a grand.

And i say other designer because he's the only other designer i know for sure has been ripped off by Hungryman, and never been paid even after 2 years. There are other designers coming out of the woodwork making similar claims, but i don't know them, and obviously i can't vouch for them.

I'll give you the dirt on what he did to my friend, 'cause this is the only situation where i know all the details.

Hungry outsourced some work to him, and took a 50 percent cut. A ridiculously high number in my opinion, but both parties agreed to it, so that's not an issue. What is an issue is that the 50 percent my friend was going to be paid, turned out to be less than 50 percent of what hungry was charging for the design. My friend knows this because he spoke to the people that paid for the design after the fact.

So basically, Hungry was quoting 2 grand for a job, and telling the designer that it was a 1600 dollar job, and obviously only paying him 800 instead of 1000, as per the 50/50 deal. That's some shady shit. But it gets better (or worse, depending on whether you're talking about entertainment value or ethics). Hungry simply does not pay.. at all.

Now, i'm sure my friend won't mind me saying that at the time, he wasn't doing too well financially. Hungry totally fucked him over. He's not as confrontational as some of the other designers that were shafted, and i think he believed for a while that hungry would eventually pay him.

The designs that my friend did for Hungry, which he was never paid for, are still in the paysitedesign.com portfolio.

The last time this was brought up, Hungry was making promises left, right and centre. He was going to pay the debt back in installments. Never happened. This particular designer even said he'd give the money to charity if hungryman ever paid it, in an effort to get at least some good from a shitty situation, and maybe even give hungry a shred of credibility. Even then, hungry did not pay. He just avoided the issue.

You say that we're hampering his efforts to pay the designers back by hurting his business. Let me remind you that it has been almost two years since all this shit happened. Two fucking years. And it has been a year or so since it was last brought up. You honestly think he hasn't made enough money to pay these good folks back in all that time? You're the one that says he's doing work for some big players. Fuck, what does he charge per gallery? Something insane like 50 bucks?

Hungry is far more concerned with his image than he is with business ethics. Case in point: Near the height of all this drama, he was paying for a limo to pick up some people from the airport. Remember, thsi is when he owed several people a combined total of several thousands of dollars. He's all about image, which is ironic, given what a fat miserable fuck he is.

Anyways. Thanks for taking the time to write such a long reply to the thread. Just a pity it was full of horseshit.
chodadog is offline   Reply With Quote