View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 05:51 PM   #21
l3vi
l3vi should edit this

xBucks: 1,257
Send a message via ICQ to l3vi

Quote:
Originally posted by James_Cash
I'd also like to mention that I've never met a developer who works in notepad. Let's be serious.

Walking is a great form of transportation, but hell if I'm going to walk to Florida.

Use the right tools for the job.

Right on!

Quote:
Originally posted by XXXPhoto
l3vi

I disagree with your assertion that can't do things with notepad quickly. If you know what you are doing you don't have to check your code but once when you are finished to ensure all is purty.

With notepad and a simple s/r proggy I've made 16,000 unique thumbnail gallery templates with zoned CSS in about 4 hours... don't underestimate what can be done with it.
No offence man, but at the age of 7 I could have pumped out that in my sleep with notepad, kate, or vi. Gallery templates are easy as making a tables, there is nothing to it.

I do agree that the notepad or whatever you are using will do for quicky jobs, but I would never take the time to build DB driven site(s) with one, or an advanced design for SEO.

How long would it take you to make a form(with notepad or whatnot) and have it self post, and input it into a DB, as well as email it to your self with send mail?

It would take you more then 5min to write that out with any 'text editor', as for more advanced software like DW you would have it done time you got to this point of reading this paragraph.

The point of DW is to help you get the job done faster when you need it.

This is just like the same debate over hand submitting or using a auto-submitter.

You can spend an hours typing in the urls, and other information just hand submitting to TPGS, or your could use a auto-submitter that will fill in the form and let you hit submit, and take you onto the next TGP?

The answer is clear as James_Cash post!
l3vi is offline   Reply With Quote