X Nations - View Single Post - Sarah_webinc donation thread (ePassporte)
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004, 05:03 AM   #7
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 33,379
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

At the risk of sounding insensitive, which is not my intention, has she even asked for, or is need of, financial assistance? I think it's really cool that webmasters have come together and raised so much for someone who is respected and well liked in the industry. I'm just asking because, doing something out of kindness and doing something that is really needed are 2 different things.

I hope that my post is not taken wrong. I have no idea what her financial situation is, whether the cost of a funeral is covered, and plans were in place for her to be provided for should he ever pass. I don't need to know. It's none of my business. I just think it's kind of tacky to turn around and say "We are sorry your husband passed away, but here is $10,000 donated from the webmaster community."

If her situation is that she needs the financial assistance, then I'm sorry. I didn't read this anywhere. I have no problems pitching in and helping someone out. I'm just wondering if we are doing what it is that really needs to be done to help her through this tough time.
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote