X Nations - View Single Post - What Is Your Best Memory Of Being At A Convention?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2002, 09:36 AM   #19
twinkley
twinkley should edit this
Pillow Talk Pimpette

xBucks: 9,012
Send a message via ICQ to twinkley Send a message via AIM to twinkley

Hmmmm.... my favorite convention experience....

Thats really hard because every convention has at least 10 completely unforgettable moments in time....

My first show pre-show party - I walk into the Nat Net Suite (before they moved it to the top floor) with Oz, Buran and Stephen. In somewhat of a daze, I walk around, introduce myself to a few people, try to fight my way through to the bar and back to where the guys are. All of a sudden this big beautiful blonde guy GRABS my arm, turns me around, hands me a shot, clicks my glass and says "cheers'! Stunned, I do the shot (it was whiskey ewwwww!) I must have made a horrible face because he laughed, picked me up in this big bear hug and introduced himself as YNOTBob.

Oh oh oh ... okay, this one is kinda funny/embarrassing ....

Same show, New Orleans Cybernet I go out with RRRed and a bunch of other people in a limo (my first time in a limo!) ... we are cruisin the town and people are being introduced around.

We stop and pick up this guy and a couple of chicks and I dont even remembernow who introduced me, but the guy we picked up was RB from MaxCash. I was completely flabbergasted.

This was the first "name" I had really heard in entering the biz and here I was cruisin around in a limo with him!! I called another friend whose first show it was and was like "you are NEVER going to believe this!!" RB grabs the phone, asks who he is talking to, tells them to get in a cab and come down to this bar we were just stopping at. He then hands me back the phone after talking for a few more minutes.

RB must have thought that I was a complete idiot, because the entire time I was in the limo I was just like "duuuuuuuuh, your RB!" hahahahahahahaha

Needless to say, I got over my hero worship of the "names" in this biz fairly quickly..... I found they are people just like us, but with more money hehehehehe

twinkley

Media Buyer For DatingGold!
twinkley is offline   Reply With Quote