X Nations - View Single Post - Do you believe in GOD?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 09:56 AM   #19
twinkley
twinkley should edit this
Pillow Talk Pimpette

xBucks: 8,954
Send a message via ICQ to twinkley Send a message via AIM to twinkley

Bree,

I agree, people are more comfortable expessing themselves when they are not alone in their beliefs...

However, I think "religion" over the centuries has taken that idea and warped it to benefit the people who have given themselves powere of it. I have a problem with anyone telling me that THEY KNOW what God (or whatever they choose to call the higher power) wants from you, and if you dont do what they say, you will (in the immortal words of eric cartman) "go to hell and you die!" Somehow, I have the worst time believing that god cares if we use birth control, are homosexual, or (gasp) dont go to church every sunday.

I would much rather have an informed, intelligent discussion with anyone regarding god, and their beliefs than go to church to be ranted at by someone who has a "better" connection with god than I do. Even if the person I am talking to has a completely different set of beliefs, I will listen - and voice my own opinion. The fact of the matter is everyone has a different set of beliefs - even those that congregate at the same church.

In the end, all that really matters is that you are a good person. We all know the basic differences between right and wrong and choose what we do with it.

twinkley

Media Buyer For DatingGold!
twinkley is offline   Reply With Quote