X Nations - View Single Post - New Kid Rock album
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
Evil Chris
Evil Chris is drinking Heineken
Clone of myself

xBucks: 307,235
Send a message via ICQ to Evil Chris Send a message via AIM to Evil Chris Send a message via Skype™ to Evil Chris

I only have one of his CDs... Devil Without a Cause. The one that most everyone has. I did a bit of reading up on Kid Rock and found it interesting so I'll post a bit of his bio from www.allmusic.com

Quote:
One of the unlikeliest success stories in rock at the turn of the millennium, Detroit rap-rocker Kid Rock shot to superstardom with his fourth full-length album, 1998's Devil Without a Cause. What made it so shocking was that Rock had recorded his first demo a full decade before, been booted off major label Jive following his Beastie Boys-ish 1990 debut, Grits Sandwiches for Breakfast, and toiled for most of the decade in obscurity, releasing albums to a small, devoted, mostly local fan base while earning his fair share of ridicule around his home state. Nevertheless, Rock persevered, and by the time rap-metal had begun to attract a substantial audience, he had perfected the outlandish, over-the-top white-trash persona that gave Devil Without a Cause such a distinctive personality and made it such an infectious party record.

Our Experience Payze
chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827
Evil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote