X Nations - View Single Post - Best HTML program
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 09:25 AM   #11
l3vi
l3vi should edit this

xBucks: 1,252
Send a message via ICQ to l3vi

I stay in code mode 99% of the time, as I am a back end application develop. Notepad does not auto recognize the tags your writing, and it does not check your CSS for layout. If you like to produce less code, and more time checking layout after uploading the scrip then use notepad.

If your writing back end processes, DW gives you the option to use it like a colored notepad, and will auto fill tags as you write then( If you choose that option), thus you’re a faster develop.

If you writing the front end, DW will show you the layout, check browser compatibility. Let me see you write a image map, design drop-down menus, and perform layout with CSS in a notepad, then having to upload it or view it from your hard drive. You would be scratching your head all day getting things in place, moving pix point, etc. While the DW developer would be finishing the project and working on SEO.

To say DW is for those who don’t want to write code, is like saying those who use the phone compared to the telegraph don’t want to type out their words.

I don’t know any developers(That work for someone) that would dare use notepad to start an finish a project, their pride would get them fired for not getting the job done.

Most people think DW is like Frontpage; putting in bad code where you don’t want it, unable to type out your code, etc. But its not, it was developed for developers in mind.

DW MX 04 supports over 35 deferent languages, and will color code, checking browser compatibility and more.

IMOA
l3vi is offline   Reply With Quote