X Nations - View Single Post - Hello, need advice
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 10:45 PM   #4
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 30,962
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

Quote:
Originally Posted by painful View Post
Hi everyone. I have been trying to decide what to do with my site now that it is running. I want to drive customers to the site using TGP's, but not sure how to go about it. I know I need to make a free page linked to my site, but I'm not too sure how to do it. Should it match the site or not? Should I find some content that ISN'T on my site to put on the free page or should I use content that is in the site but have it at a lower resolution and not the whole set? I think that is the way I am going with it.
TGPs work in a few different ways. The TGP gallery doesn't have to completely match the site you are promoting. However, it should have some element of the site, such as the site name you are promoting.

You can choose to use your own content or purchase content in the niche you are promoting. You only need 15-16 pics for a TGP gallery. These should be hi-quality pics. Resize them to no larger than 800px on the long side.

TGP galleries must follow a few basic rules before being considered for a listing.

Some sites you can submit to without a partner account. Other sites, you must apply for a partner account and/or pay a fee for the privilege to submit to them.

• You can build your own TGP or Fake TGP site
A TGP site of your own can be used for listing your own galleries, submitted galleries from webmasters, and free hosted galleries provided by sponsors. A fake TGP is a TGP site that does not accept galleries from submitters. There are a few different ways to earn money from your own TGP site, plus use it as a traffic generation and filtering tool.

• Purchase gallery spots on TGP sites
Some sponsors and gallery submitters choose to buy gallery spots on TGP sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by painful
Also, what kind of programs do you all use for modifying pictures and video clips? I was using Movie Maker for the videos, but I think that is too amateur and I know there are better programs.
I use Photoshop and manually crop my thumbs. For movies, I use TEMPGnc to convert formats if need be and AVI/MPEG/RM/WMV Splitter to cut them.

Some people use programs like Arles or ThumbsPlus to batch process images and build galleries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by painful
As far as TGP's, I have read about automatic TGP programs that will do it for me, like GSSubmitter or something, do you recommend this?
For submitting, I personally use Advanced Submitter in manual mode. There is also Chameleon Submitter, Dream Submitter, and Gallery Submitter. (Learn to build a proper gallery first before even attempting to submit, purchasing submit accounts, or buying a submit tool.)
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote