X Nations - View Single Post - Do you believe in GOD?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2002, 08:38 PM   #116
Danny_C
Danny_C should edit this

xBucks: 93
Send a message via ICQ to Danny_C Send a message via AIM to Danny_C

Raph: There may not be a the truth... but I'd rather keep searching than just stop all forward progress and accept that it's all God's will.

Cal: Scientists have never claimed the the universe "will" implode. It's just one possible theory. But a number of discoveries have put that theory in doubt. It's really dependent on the velocity of the current expansion. If the velocity is too high, gravity will never pull everything back together... the expansion will go on for eternity. If the velocity is low enough, though, gravity will eventually manage to take over and pull everything back in, causing an eventual implosion.

I understand that there are holes in science, and we want to fill them, but we always want to fill those holes with theology. Of course science has holes... that doesn't mean we should give it up. It just means we're still working on it. You're not going to figure out the mysteries of creation overnight. It's going to take time. But it would be a mistake to just call it quits and say, "Well, there's no explaining. God must have done it."

Remember, one day we couldn't explain lightning... so that meant it was thrown by angry gods. Now we have a common universal understanding of lightning. One day I hope we'll understand creation in the same way. Of course, Christians will riot in the streets when that day comes.
Danny_C is offline   Reply With Quote