X Nations - View Single Post - Trends in the business...
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2003, 11:22 PM   #77
Amber
Amber should edit this
Life is for a good time.

xBucks: 726
Send a message via ICQ to Amber

Great thread!...and excellent discussions.

Oystein is top notch in my book! - and if Poppy comes out on the boards to say some good things about someone, I for one will listen.

Regarding the 'marketing people' in our industry...I feel that some get a little lost along the way and are just trying to make a buck (thus jumping from one co. to another) instead of focusing on customer service and helping fellow webmasters increase their income...thereby, increasing the marketing persons income too (that is, if they are in any way on commissions).

IMHO, the best marketers are webmasters who attend shows with 'business first' always in mind and understand that at the strip clubs, at the after-hour clubs, at the black-jack tables and even at the private fuck show...they are representing a company and how they act will always be a direct reflection of that company, period.

You don't see most of the big boys fucking around on pissing match boards (XNations NOT included...this board ROCKS) because they are busy working and making money. 12clicks, I think you nailed it (pun intended ;>).

And before I finish my little bitch session...I want to share that I think the BEST marketers are first and foremost *successful webmasters in their own right that choose to stand behind a program, product and/or company because they themselves know the people involved and promote/use the program through their own sites. Who would know better which programs are the best than seasoned webmasters who have promoted the sponsor program prior to them working/marketing for them.

Of course, there are some exceptions to my rule; but in the seven years I've been an adult webmaster...this philosophy has worked well for me anyway.

And that my friends...is all she wrote.
Amber is offline   Reply With Quote