X Nations - View Single Post - Get2gether in Montreal: July 31st
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #18
2MuchMark
2MuchMark is hiring
Video Chat Guru

xBucks: 10,738
Send a message via ICQ to 2MuchMark Send a message via MSN to 2MuchMark Send a message via Skype™ to 2MuchMark

I vote for the Magnetic Terrace on top of the Hotel de la Montagne. The atmosphere is pretty cool when its not too crowded, and the view is great of course. Drink prices are ressonable and the food and snacks are good. It's a great place to make deals and has a nice upper-crust feel to it.

Mad Hatters is good too but they moved 1 building down. The terrace is in the back instead of the roof. It's much smaller but still has the exact same "vibe" of "Cheap" but "Cool and comfy", but has a frat-boy clientel that makes me feel old (sigh). Drink prices are good and food is cheap.

You can smoke at both places since you're on a terrace. Mad Hatters is easy to get to as the entrance is at street level and parking is right next door and cheap. Parking at the lot near the Hotel however is a whopping $15.

Regardless of the place, if you drive downtown, I suggest parking on McKay (I think!) street, 1 block west of Bishop. Parking is only $8 for the whole day/night.
2MuchMark is offline   Reply With Quote