X Nations - View Single Post - To pop or not to pop? That is my question...
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2002, 08:59 PM   #13
Aly
Aly should edit this
X Uberant

xBucks: 1,944
Send a message via ICQ to Aly
Default Re: To pop or not to pop? That is my question...

Quote:
Originally posted by BobbyR
I've noticed a number of companies out there offering a reduced payout for no exits.

Is it better to get paid 20.00 with no exits or 35.00 with exits for the same join?
Simple answer, darling. Or at least.. I'll try and keep it simple!

The first situation/ problem is that a lot of sites cannot be promoted on great traffic sources like TheHun if they feature lots of exits, and in some cases, any exits at all. So, affiliates cannot drive traffic to a sponsor from this great traffic source if the sponsor has an aggressive exit strategy.

To address this issue, a sponsor may introduce a program without exits. This way, their affiliates can still send them all that traffic. The problem there is that in order to pay good money for signups, the sponsor needs to be making money on the exit traffic... The solution is, pay less for the sign-ups... For the affiliate, it's still a great source of cash if targeted well. And of course, for the sponsor, it's a sign-up, and we like those a lot.

It's simple math, commen sense, covers the bases quite nicely, and is a jolly good idea.

That's my 1.37 cents...