X Nations - View Single Post - a useful post
Thread: a useful post
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 01:24 AM   #23
Lawrence Connor
Lawrence Connor should edit this

xBucks: 434

And you don't have to.
It is a choice that can be learned of more by the pages linked to.
And furthermore, it is no order, but rather, just a suggestion.
I would think that someone who already has all of their
"ducks in order" by using things that address these issues would know that and so on.
I actually find that it is most useful to be more redundant in using multiple tools
in scanning for pests and viruses, trojans, bots, worms, etc. esp. when using the free versions, I personally do a lot of comp. maintenence as it is more needed as a "power user" and for other reasons of my personality. I have for a long time always been a person who has done more frwquent system maintenance than other people I know, this may be not only more frequent defreags but even mulitple defreag passes, but I digress, I use several different scanning pograms for spyware as I cannot be totally sure whuch is the best, especially with freeware, but I do know that at least I want to use freeware that does allow you to update it with new info/definitions, etc., even still there are differences among these as to which ones will catch this or that, and using a few or several is still the safer and better bet, in my opinion, I am of the personal opinion, for example, that there is no such thing as overengineering, or overkill, there is only kill.
Lawrence Connor is offline   Reply With Quote