X Nations - View Single Post - Is It Better Or Worse To Marry Young?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
DrChango
DrChango is the sales monkey!
Citizen X

xBucks: 6,663

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizAEBN View Post
I don't know that there is a right time to get married - I know some folks that got married at 18 and are celebrating their 15th anniversary, others that got married at 30 and split a year later.

I got married after having been w/ my honey for four and half years, we were 25 - we figured it was long enough to be sure we were in the right relationship, and that we approached things the same way. All the big conversations - money, kids, where we wanted to live - were had.

It sucked when he made a complete 180 within 6 months. We stuck it out for another two years before we made the decision to part ways.

I wouldn't do it again, just 'cos for me, that piece of paper made a major difference in how we approached one another. I like that I make a conscious choice to be with my partner every day and vice versa.
I think people in marriages (or in some cases that are just cohabitating) start taking each other for granted, and either stop trying or even seeing what they can get away with

cynical, I know, but a lot of the girls I've dated over the years only seemed to get their shit together when it was clear I was a hair's breadth from packing up my belongings and taking my show on the road
DrChango is offline   Reply With Quote