X Nations - View Single Post - What book(s) are you reading?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2002, 03:18 AM   #3
spudnik
spudnik should edit this
Looking to buy traffic

xBucks: 228
Send a message via ICQ to spudnik Send a message via AIM to spudnik

I'm reading Pushkin's Eugene Onegin at the moment.

I just finished A Cook's Tour: In Search of the Perfect Meal by Anthony Bourdain and The Soul of a Chef: The Journey Toward Perfection by Michael Ruhlman. The latter was much more enjoyable than the former, but both were quite good. I love to read and I love to cook, so I tend to read about cooking a lot.

I'm a total bibliophile and always have been. I drove my mom nuts by reading under the covers with a flashlight when I was little. She couldn't really get mad, though, because I usually picked "good" books. She pretty much stopped nagging when I was about 10, after she found me reading Gone with the Wind. It took forever and I didn't understand all of it, but it was still a good read.

Am I the only person that loves Jane Austen? I've read all of her books, but Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion are my favorites.

I used to love audio books as a child, but only when I could read along with the tape. I suppose they work for some people, but I get so much more from reading.

-Spudnik

<font size=1>"Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo." - H.G. Wells

"You need only possess perception and be made of flesh, and you will see that pleasure is good." - Epicurus</font>
spudnik is offline   Reply With Quote