X Nations - View Single Post - a useful post
Thread: a useful post
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 09:30 PM   #21
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 31,402
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

Yes. From your post it is easy to look at the tools that deals with viruses and that crap to know that it is guard against viruses. It was just simply an example of what makes a post useful.

No, many of us do not need to be told use an anti-virus to protect your system. Use this or that to make sure you've got your system completely clean.

All I was trying to get across was "why would we use these particular tools vs. hundreds of others out there?"

Zone Alarm... I may know what it is and what it does, but I'm sure there is people who read the post and have no idea.

Out of all the tools listed, which one did you find works better and why?

How do people go about using these tools? Are they software they download and install? Are some of them web based? How effective are they? Are they regularly updated? Do you need to upgrade to paid to get the full features?

This is the kind of stuff webmasters want to know.

Sure, you can list a bunch of tools and tell people they are anti-virus this or that and that people should already know what they are designed to do, but just listing them doesn't do much good. Webmasters need a reason to click. They aren't going to click just because someone lists a bunch of tools.
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote