X Nations - View Single Post - ---->Major confession you read it HERE first!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 05:28 PM   #11
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 31,253
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

I don't care for the commercial aspect of Christmas either. I really think the fun is lost when it becomes all about the show, impressing people, falseness, and running yourself ragged needlessly.

My family is pretty close as is, especially my immediate family, and since my dads side of the family tends to multiply like rabbits, we've always had a huge family dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas ever since I can remember. Everyone gives hugs and kisses and phone calls or visits always end with "I love you." Moms side of the family were cold, stern Germans, but my grandparents and uncles were always warm to us kids. My family has always been about family first and always will be. Christmas has always been about the kids and even though they get spoiled at Christmas, as did my brother and I, the little ones still know Christmas isn't about how many presents Santa brought.

It wasn't only Christmas or a random holiday where someone said, "I love you" and made the effort to all get along or the crap of outdoing one another each year. Sure, my family has it's share of dysfunction, but it's still a family full of love.
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote