Youtube style tour pages - X Nations

Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Old 08-28-2006, 05:38 PM   #1
sonohocoder
sonohocoder should edit this
Citizen X

xBucks: 319
Default Youtube style tour pages

I originally posted this on some announcement boards a few days ago, but a question has come up since, that I wanted some further input on….

“As you may have read in my other posts, I have a Youtube style Video Sharing webscript. My thinking is that the upload function could be restricted to the webmaster only, so any content uploaded to it will be 2257 ok (under the webmasters own content license agreements)…so a visitor will not be permitted to share, but will be given the impression that he’s discovered a thriving adult community. And then of course, you can prompt for a signup. For webmasters that don’t have their own paysites, these scripts have plenty of ad spots for your sponsors.”

Now, these webscripts require a dedicated server, to which various libraries such as ffmpeg, ffmpeg-php, mplayer, mencoder etc need to be installed. I’ve had a lot of great webmasters already take copies of the scripts – some installing themselves, with many others getting us to set it all up for them.

So the question that’s been coming up more often recently is, could the webscripts run from a central server, with an individual account per webmaster, that only displays their content – that is, no need for a dedicated server, all the headaches etc, just a monthly package that gives the same capability, with a bandwidth burstout scale of charges for busy periods etc?

My answer is yes, but it prompts a question from my side – is there any demand for something like that? (beyond the couple of enquiries I’ve already had :P)

Old 08-29-2006, 09:30 AM   #2
Evil Chris
Evil Chris is drinking Heineken
Clone of myself

xBucks: 318,551
Send a message via ICQ to Evil Chris Send a message via AIM to Evil Chris Send a message via Skype™ to Evil Chris

I think there could be a demand for this.
Are you currently setting something up? Like... some kind of leasing agreement, or purchasing options?

Our Experience Payze
chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827
Evil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote