So you know your daycare... But do you know the people that work there? - X Nations

Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Old 03-17-2006, 10:55 AM   #1
Bhelliom
Bhelliom should edit this

xBucks: 2,650
Send a message via ICQ to Bhelliom Send a message via AIM to Bhelliom
Default So you know your daycare... But do you know the people that work there?

Toddler forgotten at daycare - 2 day-care workers fired

LAVAL, Que. (CP) -- Two day-care workers in Laval, north of Montreal, were fired after they forgot a sleeping toddler inside their day-care and went home for the night.

The mother of the 21-month-old baby arrived around 6 p.m. Tuesday night to find the day care's doors locked and the lights off.

She called 911 and firefighters smashed a window to get her child.

The daycare's executive director, Myriam Taillefer, says the two workers failed to follow proper procedures when closing up for the day.

The day-care centre's board of directors decided to fire them and parents seem to be satisfied with the decision
Bhelliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:17 PM   #2
MorganGrayson
MorganGrayson should edit this

xBucks: 8,300
Default Re: So you know your daycare... But do you know the people that work there?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bhelliom

The daycare's executive director, Myriam Taillefer, says the two workers failed to follow proper procedures when closing up for the day.
Well I should fucking HOPE so! Geesh. What a whimpy-ass quote.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bhelliom
The day-care centre's board of directors decided to fire them and parents seem to be satisfied with the decision
I wouldn't have been satisfied unless they were fired *at.*

I went back to college for a while after my kids were born. During finals/term papers/hell week when I was coming home from school, I automatically pulled into Kindercare as I drove past as I was pretty much running on auto-pilot. I walked in to pick up my toddler - totally forgetting that my husband was off work that day and said toddler was home with daddy. Well, the day care workers slammed down hard on every alarm they had, panicking totally, as they knew immediately that my daughter was nowhere to be found. When my heart got out of my throat my brain engaged and I said "oh." Then I apologized for about an hour before they all calmed down. I think if there had been a handy oak tree...they would have lynched me. The point of this lengthy - and two decades later still humiliating - story is that the *director* of the place knew my daughter wasn't there, because she did the daily multiple walk-throughs of all the age-designated rooms and knew the kids by both site and name. "Forget" that a child was there? Not hardly.

Kudos to the Quebec firefighters who smashed the window and got the child rather than fall back on "making phone calls" and all that stupid stuff US regulations would have had.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:26 PM   #3
Funbrunette
Funbrunette is Travelling the world!
CORRUPTED ADMIN!!!!!

xBucks: 250,936
Send a message via ICQ to Funbrunette Send a message via MSN to Funbrunette Send a message via Skype™ to Funbrunette

Great now I'm worried....I always wonder what happens when were not there...At what point do you stop worrying? NEVER I'm sure when Ryan is 18 and taller than me I'll still be worried!
Old 03-17-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
TheLegacy
TheLegacy is Bi - Sexy

xBucks: 49,361
Send a message via ICQ to TheLegacy Send a message via AIM to TheLegacy Send a message via Skype™ to TheLegacy

I wouldnt be worried to much - remember - for all the years and all the day care centers - this is one story. Whats the line? don't throw the baby out with the bathwater? I still would trust them

"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something." - Plato
TheLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:40 PM   #5
MorganGrayson

Quote:
Originally posted by Funbrunette
Great now I'm worried....I always wonder what happens when were not there...At what point do you stop worrying? NEVER I'm sure when Ryan is 18 and taller than me I'll still be worried!
Once when I was in my 30's, after some sort of something with my kids, I asked my Mom during a phone call "when do you stop worrying about your kids." She sighed and said "I'll let you know."

One of her better moments...and one of my worst.

With kids ranging from 24-33, I can tell you unequivocally, FB, that you *never* stop worrying. You never stop being a parent. The good news is that you spend *less* time in "parental mode" and grow a really great "friend mode" that just isn't appropriate when the kids are young but is great when they're adults. (You also find out all the stuff they *didn't* tell you when they were teenagers and that can be a rough ride.)

Signing on as a parent is a lifetime committment. That's why only the strong survive.

All you can do is the best you can. That's all anybody can do.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:24 PM   #6
Funbrunette
Funbrunette is Travelling the world!
CORRUPTED ADMIN!!!!!

xBucks: 250,936
Send a message via ICQ to Funbrunette Send a message via MSN to Funbrunette Send a message via Skype™ to Funbrunette

Quote:
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
Once when I was in my 30's, after some sort of something with my kids, I asked my Mom during a phone call "when do you stop worrying about your kids." She sighed and said "I'll let you know."

One of her better moments...and one of my worst.

With kids ranging from 24-33, I can tell you unequivocally, FB, that you *never* stop worrying. You never stop being a parent. The good news is that you spend *less* time in "parental mode" and grow a really great "friend mode" that just isn't appropriate when the kids are young but is great when they're adults. (You also find out all the stuff they *didn't* tell you when they were teenagers and that can be a rough ride.)

Signing on as a parent is a lifetime committment. That's why only the strong survive.

All you can do is the best you can. That's all anybody can do.
That's why I'm ok with one child...Don't think I could stomach having to worry about 2 kids....Sounds nuts I know I just never thought I could love so much until Ryan was born! I don't want to be corny, but I'll never forget that feeling I got when I first saw him So it's easy to say that I would snap if anything ever happened to him!
Old 03-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #7
MorganGrayson

Quote:
Originally posted by Funbrunette
That's why I'm ok with one child...Don't think I could stomach having to worry about 2 kids....Sounds nuts I know I just never thought I could love so much until Ryan was born! I don't want to be corny, but I'll never forget that feeling I got when I first saw him So it's easy to say that I would snap if anything ever happened to him!
Actually, it can be easier with two kids. They look after each other. My youngest lived in a beautiful little world when she was little. So, I kept her home from school every time her street-smart sister had to stay home ill. I felt so much safer sending my "littlest angel" out in the world knowing that the miniature bitch-from-hell was walking with her.

Of course, it did get a little rocky when I had Ms. Goth standing in the kitchen, glaring at me, demanding I home school her sister and NOT send her to that high school.

(If Ms. Goth were a lesser person, she'd be saying "I told you so!" for the rest of her life, too. *sigh*)

Now that they're adults, out in the big scary world, they share an apartment and the older is still looking after the younger, and vice~versa. I feel better knowing they're together.

I know what you mean about the love, FB. I didn't think my heart could swell that much, either. To be honest, I wasn't crazy about the feeling. Loving that much is basically the ability to stand up, look Life straight in the eye and say "do your worst, I can take it."