To TGP / LLs owners: Help needed! - X Nations

Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Old 09-20-2003, 04:18 AM   #1
wsjb78
wsjb78 should edit this
Local Shadow Agent #1

xBucks: 13,148
Default To TGP / LLs owners: Help needed!

As most of you know I run (next to many other things) also a little site with a few useful tools for (adult webmasters). Most notably a keyword collector from Ouverture and an expired domains list (can also be viewed here at xnations: http://www.xnations.com/pageranks ).

Anyway, I've seen yesterday a thread on GFY where TheHun publicates his blacklist of cheaters (at least he thinks those are cheaters). Now, since most of you operate some kind of blacklist I thought I could just make some kind of centralized blacklist ressource.

I have nothing programmed yet because I will first need your help!!!

What I'm thinking of would be to the blacklist like that:

1.) You go to the site (very likely to be: http://www.adult-webmaster-tools.com/blacklists )

2.) Then you'll be presented with a form containing checkboxes for each participants e.g. TheHun, Sleazy, JJJ, PersianKitty, ...... and many other if they wish to participate

3.) Add an option to to summarize all of those cheaters or split them up according to the participants and another option to get all data!

4.) You press submit and you will then be given the domain / ip list!

However I would need you help to get those data. What I have in mind would be just placing a text file somewhere on your server which I could then parce like 1 per day, 1 per week, 1 per month as you see fitting....

Would anyone be willing to help me with this? Such a list could help you to more easily spot cheaters especially when you're unsure. You can see what others think.

wsjb78
wsjb78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 09:06 AM   #2
NetRodent
NetRodent should edit this
X Cuseme

xBucks: 299
Send a message via ICQ to NetRodent

The only problem I can see with this idea is the potential to create a circular list that would be impossible to get off.

For example, what would happen if somebody was blacklisted by the Hun but then later removed from the the Hun's list? When list is initially syndicated, I'm sure other webmasters would add the Hun's list to their blacklist which they might then turn around and return to you. I don't play the TGP game, so perhaps I'm off base but I have to assume that people are occasionally removed from individual blacklists.

You might also want to consider TGP's blacklisting people they don't like but who aren't cheaters. The system you propose would be a good way for someone to syndicate his emnity for another.
<font size="1">&quot;I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.&quot;<br>--Richard Nixon</font>
NetRodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 09:47 AM   #3
wsjb78
wsjb78 should edit this
Local Shadow Agent #1

NetRodent:

I see what you mean... however no one is forced to use a complete blacklist and you can select those blacklists you would want to incorporate.

However there is always potential to abuse.. unfortunately...
Old 09-20-2003, 12:07 PM   #4
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 32,437
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

I do like the idea. NetRodent brought up a valid concern about people ending up on the list who do not actually belong on the list. There's potential for abuse.

So basically to start out with a clean database for accurate results, the participating TGP's would need to purge their ban list(s) and create a new one using their own submissions for (x) amount of time and not add results from swapped lists.

Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 12:15 PM   #5
wsjb78
wsjb78 should edit this
Local Shadow Agent #1

I'm just coding the whole thing now... will take a little while until I get ready
Old 09-22-2003, 02:15 AM   #6
AWS Venus
AWS Venus should edit this
Citizen X

xBucks: 110
Send a message via ICQ to AWS Venus

Make your blacklist searchable by reason. I got one of my domain blacklisted on a site because my server went down for one hour - I don't want this domain to be in the same category as the one who adds pop-ups or redirects.
Contact at sales@adultwebmasterservices or ICQ 212821246
AWS Venus is offline   Reply With Quote