Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Old 09-25-2003, 12:58 PM   #1
dyonisus
dyonisus is Supreme Soul Rider
Soul Rider

xBucks: 12,975
Send a message via ICQ to dyonisus Send a message via AIM to dyonisus
Default Car Dealerships

Is it just me, or does it seem like when you buy a car from one of the bigger well known dealerships you should get a little better customer service related to foillow up after the sale

I know sales is sales, and everyone wants their cut of the commission etc, but here is my beef

I bought a Cherokee and with it got this extended warrantly coverage that included everything.. today I take said Jeep I have had for only 3 mos in for service and the warranty is not registered. Oversight on their part?? Or just the Standard mode of operation for dealerships.

Now I want to rag on every guy who does not give me good CS today!! Even though I know they had nothing todo with it!
dyonisus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 01:24 PM   #2
Evil Chris
Evil Chris is drinking Heineken
Clone of myself

xBucks: 324,635
Send a message via ICQ to Evil Chris Send a message via AIM to Evil Chris Send a message via Skype™ to Evil Chris

Dude, I know what you mean... FB and I bought an SUV a couple of years ago and we went through some of the same stuff. In fact, we had already made up our minds about buying this particular vehicle before-hand, but afterwards we thought how awful our salesperson was. She hardly told us anything about the vehicle... (Chrysler, like yours)

Our Experience Payze
chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827
Evil Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 01:41 PM   #3
Magnus3x
Magnus3x is superfantastico!

xBucks: 15,901
Send a message via ICQ to Magnus3x

I show up to dealerships with my own calculator, pen and big smile. My first question is "Do you feel like making a sale today?" Then work em for a deal..make them work..own the situation. Second biggest purchase you will make.. I dont expect service...I make them give it to me.
  • Banners/Text Links
  • Pre-Paid Gallery Spots
steve a-t* gtsads dot com
Magnus3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 04:39 PM   #4
Ronaldo
Ronaldo is only editing this because Chris is a jackass
Xnations Voice of Reason

xBucks: 11,681
Send a message via ICQ to Ronaldo

Quote:
Originally posted by Magnus3x
I show up to dealerships with my own calculator, pen and big smile. My first question is "Do you feel like making a sale today?" Then work em for a deal..make them work..own the situation. Second biggest purchase you will make.. I dont expect service...I make them give it to me.
Well played.

I nail down a price, and when we both finally agree to it, I THEN tell them I have a trade-in.

You find out real quick how honest they are.
Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 09:08 PM   #5
asuna
asuna should edit this

xBucks: 452
Send a message via ICQ to asuna

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronaldo
Well played.

I nail down a price, and when we both finally agree to it, I THEN tell them I have a trade-in.

You find out real quick how honest they are.
Hahah nice!
Old 09-25-2003, 11:49 PM   #6
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 32,853
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky

I absolutely hate to deal with car dealers, dealerships and mechanics.

I'm a spoiled "daddy's girl" though. Whenever I bought a car, I'd go do the test drive and decide what I liked. Not too hard, cuz I'm not hard to please. Then the salesperson thinks they can just play me, cuz afterall, I am a woman.

So then I talk to my dad and say here's the cars I drove. Here's the deals. Here's the one I really want. Here's what the down payment is and here is the price range I'll pay a month... Then I sick my dad on the sales people. LOL! He absolutely luvs to haggle and get the sales people to outbid each other! I simply sit back and get daily reports on who is offering what.

My brother, and most guys I dated, came in real handy too whenever something broke. Either they would fix it for me or they would tell me what went wrong. I used to get a kick out of it when I took the car myself for inspection or whatever and the mechanic would come out and do his little speech. They told me all kinds of stuff, cuz I'm a woman and we aren't supposed to know anything about cars. It was amazing how different the "speech" was when my brother or a guy took the car in for whatever... LOL!

Panky is offline   Reply With Quote