Important Announcement - X Nations

Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2003, 04:48 AM   #1
Panky
Panky is the Queen of Mean

xBucks: 33,508
Send a message via ICQ to Panky Send a message via AIM to Panky Send a message via Yahoo to Panky
Default Important Announcement

Over the past few months, some of you may have noticed that your post was moved, locked, and/or deleted. Most of the time, your post simply was moved to the appropriate forum.

Recently, I have made the decision to lock a particular thread. I did not lock this thread because of the content contained within the thread. Rather because the whole thread was nothing more than creative spam. I, as a mod, failed to move the thread to the forum it should have been posted in in the first place.

#1. The content contained within the thread was designed to draw peoples attention and get a reaction out of them. The more people who click the link, the more chances the webmaster had to expose the site and possibly get more members.

#2. It was my belief that the author of the thread intended for people to follow the link, watch the trailor, and then post their comments about the content. Taking a chance that the content would be debated. When the content stirs emotion amongst people, the more people will click the link to see what all the fuss is about. This only benefits the author, for the more clicks and controversy, the more chances of sign-ups occur.

I left this post in the main forum, for now. I decided to leave it as an example of what not to post in the XNations main forum. I could care less about the content / subject of the post. I'm simply referring to the way this post was constructed. The "Menstrual Video" and any such posts like it are not acceptable to be posted in the main forum.

I understand that sometimes there is a fine line between a legitimate post, and one that could be considered spam. For example;
  • Requesting site evaluations

A link contained within an introductory post

Posts containing links to Webmaster events sponsored by...

The main forum was designed for
  • Webmasters seeking help/ advice

Discussion of current events

Discussion of likes and dislikes of fetishes and trends

Marketing strategies

Billing solutions

Fun, entertaining threads to break up those long work hours

One time introductory posts

Discussions concerning the articles posted on the main page

Announcements of industry related events.

Techie stuff

Selling a site, providing you intend to actually sell the site and/or domain

If you are opening a new site, redesigned an existing site, offering a special deal, offering a service, useful information and tools to webmasters, then all you simply have to do is ask for your post to be allowed in the main forum.

Either contact myself, FB, or EC with what you would like to post. How long the post will remain and how often you may request these posts, will depend on a few factors. For example:
  • Are you helpful to other members?

How often do you post on XNations?

Do you respect the board rules and members?

What you are requesting to post is legal?

If you have any questions, requests, or comments you would like to add, please let me know.

Panky
Panky is offline   Reply With Quote